Monday, January 3, 2011

Blogging Community

As I was blogging today, I began to look around at other blogs. I came across a great student blog called “The Life and Works of John Keats.” This blog caught my attention because of the beautiful colors and with a closer look you can also see snow flakes falling, but while watching the video I would be distracted because the snow flakes would go in front of the video. “The Life and Works of John Keats” is an easy to navigate blog. On this blog, you will see that they do not just go over one poem (like ours does), but it goes over multiple poems of John Keats. A few of the poems are:  “Isabella or The Pot of Basil,” “Ode to Autumn,” “Bright Star,” “When I have fears that I may cease to be,” and I am sure there will be more to come. “The Life and Works of John Keats” did not just go over poems, but they also go over John Keats life, his love life, how Keats’ works has influents in today’s pop culture and music, and once again I am sure there will be more. They have also made their own poems. One of their own poems is called “Winter Break Prose Poem.” In this poem, I believe it shows what most of the kids are thinking before, during, and after winter break. I like the way the poem uses visual imagery, sensual representation, detail, metaphor, simile, alliteration, and symbolism. The authors of “The Life and Works of John Keats” are three students from Mr. Turner, fifth period class. The author’s names are Zack Richmond, Tina Ho, and Heidi McGill. I think that this group of brilliant student has cover “The Life and Works of John Keats” fully. Go and look at their blog yourself. Here is the link to the blog “The Life and Works of John Keats.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment