Monday, January 3, 2011

Broken Arm (Prose Poem)

Waking up to the sound of my alarm clock beeping, I knew it was going to be a great day of snowboarding. Looked outside to see the sun shining down on me, and it felt like a rush of energy just hit me. As I walked outside to my friend’s car, I looked over and saw the beautiful mountain. It was reflecting the sun, and giving it a nice shining, white look. As we pull in to Timberline parking lot, I noticed there was a lot of people. I felt as if there was a grain of sand for every person there. When I got out of the car I slipped of a pat of ice and almost landed face first. When I was putting my snowboard boots on, I could here two Timberline parking crew talk about how overnight they had received over six inches of new snow. As I was walking up the hill of the parking lot, my friend was said, “This is going to be a sick, blue bird day!” When we finish walking up the hill, we looked over the resort. As we began to strap in I noticed that one of my bindings was lose; so I asked my friend for his binding tool. When I was finish tightening my binding, and began to strap in again, my friend started to go down the run. I finish strapping in, and race down the mountain to catch up. The wind was beating against my face, and my face became num. When I got to the lift they were waiting for me. While on the lift I looked over, pointed at the park and said, “We should go there.” So when we got off the lift we headed over to the park. After doing three of the jumps I stop and waited. The next part of the park was rails. My friends did not want to do the rail so I said, “Go big or go home!” and went for the first rail. As I was doing a fontside board side, I cough my edge and it throws me off and landed in my right arm. I yelled, “I broke my arm! Where in the medical area?” One of my friends said it was just at the end of the run. So I stood up while hold my broken arm, and went were I could see the end of the run. I the medical area was not there. So one of my friend when and got ski portal and they took me down to it and they gave me a sling to put my arm in. And that is how I broke my arm.

No comments:

Post a Comment