Friday, January 7, 2011

Prose Poem, Diseases.

Money, betrayals, loves lost.. she has her eyes blinded, her slim body walks in the darkness, the agony of loneliness tried to take her away, they don’t know the innocence they damaged, being a young girl with a few years. Her and her brothers shared the silence of their betrayals and lies, she was so beautiful, maybe even more than the sun during the day, and the stars at night. Now, all that’s left are the memories alongside ashes, the flames that consumed time, the loved ones left behind that agonized over her pain. Deep inside she would always carry an injury on her heart, that scarred her entire life, people saw the outside she portrayed, yet they never knew the battle she faced fighting against her past. They finally understood her actions, loving is much harder than killing... she never had the will to try to forget and so with tears in her eyes she whispered..


 “If he has eyes don’t let him see me.
  If he has hands don’t let him touch me.
  If he has feet don’t let him catch me.
  Don’t allow him to scare me from behind
  Don’t allow my death to be violent.
  Don’t allow my blood to shed.
  You, that knows everything,
  You that knows about my sins,
  But also about my faith Continue to watch over me,
  Because there is not a sin that faith cant justify…”

As human beings we all suffer from our diseases, some of which torment us everyday we walk this earth, the smiles we put on our face are as fake as the way flowers blossom in beauty to hide the mud under our feet. But it is you and I who walk today. Its us. life is too short to worry about our selves. So what are you waiting for? Life is beautiful knowing we are not eternal not knowing when our lasts heartbeat will be, or the last breath our lungs will take.. we as humans, should end the internal battle with the past, and move forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment